DOH-BFAD Advisory No. 2008-003

Import Permits; Initial Registration and Renewal of Existing Certificates of Product Registration Covering Household Pesticide Products, as well as. Licenses to Operate of Entities Manufacturing or Importing/Exporting/Distributing such Products and Raw Materials.

As a necessary consequence of the Supreme Court decision dated 08 February 2007 holding that the Fertilizer and Pesticides Authority (FPA) has jurisdiction only over agricultural pesticides and not to pesticides used in household, business establishments, and offices in urban areas ("Household Pesticides" for brevity), registration of such products, as well as, licensing of entities engaged in the manufacture or importation/distribution of the products or raw materials shall now be referred to the Department of Health, through the Bureau of Food and Drugs (BFAD), which is vested by law with the power to regulate household hazardous substances, considering that the above pesticides are inherently hazardous.

Share Us on

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to Twitter