The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns the public against unapproved and misleading advertisements and promotion of various food products and food supplements monitored online:
- Misleading advertisement of UNREGISTERED Honey-C Vitamin C Supplement
- Misleading Advertisement of GLUTA-WHITE and GLUTA-WHITE 500 Food Supplement Capsules (source: https://www.facebook.com/GlutaWhite/posts/2759818917419178)
- Misleading Advertisement of KINGS HERBAL Food Supplement Liquid (source: https://www.facebook.com/Rehkingsherbalofficialaccount/posts/569465530338435)
- Misleading Advertisement of ONE OPTI JUICE Herbal Proprietary Blend Powdered Juice (source: https://www.facebook.com/laoneoptijuice/posts/212357653452179)
- Misleading Advertisement of SANTE BARLEY Pure Barley Food Supplement Powder(source: https://www.facebook.com/santeofficial.ph/photos/a.149200105202353/2831180203670983/?type=3)
The public is hereby advised to be vigilant against such deceptive marketing of food products and food supplements. Food products and food supplements shall not, in any way, prevent, cure and especially reduce the risk of COVID-19 and any other diseases, and should not bear any misleading, deceptive, and false claims on their labels and/or any promotional materials that will provide erroneous impression on the product’s character or identity.
Further, the FDA would like to emphasize that of this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19. Everyone is encouraged to follow accurate public health advice and guidance from the Department of Health and the World Health Organization on basic protective measures against COVID-19.
All Market Authorization Holders of these food products and food supplements are sternly warned and hereby directed to stop such misleading advertisements and promotions. Appropriate regulatory tools and sanctions shall be executed to such companies that are continuously conducting such and other similar activities upon issuance of this Advisory.
Dissemination of this advisory to all concerned is hereby requested.
Attachment:->FDA Advisory No.2020-531