The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advises the public against the purchase and use of the following unnotified cosmetic products whose particulars/details are provided in the attached annex:
- VAPORISING RUB MANGOSTEEN
- SAM-SAMMI SPF 35+++ SUNBLOCK FACE CREAM
- SAM-SAMMI MERIAM CEBO DE MACHO
- ROYALE BEAUTY® L-GLUTAPOWER® FACIAL SOAP
- FAIRY SKIN GLOWING FACIAL SET:
- FAIRY SKIN FACIAL TONER
- FAIRY SKIN BLEACHING SOAP
- FAIRY SKIN WHITENING CREAM
- FAIRY SKIN SUNBLOCK CREAM SPF 45
- LOVIA PROFESSIONAL PREMIUM HAIR COLOUR CREAM (NATURAL BLACK 2.0)
- MYCHOICE® BUBBLE SCRUB SHOWER SALT HIGH CONCENTRATE (CUCUMBER) 2-IN-1 REFRESHING
- MYCHOICE® RED CROWN CREAM PUFF (5)
- EPIELLE™ HAIR COLOR DARK BROWN
- PERSONAL CARE VITAMIN E SKIN OIL 1500 IU
- EAD SUNSCREEN BROAD SPECTRUM LOTION SPF15
- SANTEE® USA MAGIC SKIN BEAUTIFIER BB SPF20 (6)
- MYCHOICE® ANTI-ACNE FACIAL FOAM
- HENGFANG® CUSHIOM CARESSE (NO. 9047)
- ASHLEY SHINE HAIR COLOR SPRAY CHESTNUT RED
- INFINITE BEAUTY SKIN AND BEYOND RADIANCE SERUM
- BEAUTY LUSH SKIN ESSENTIALS PERFECT FIRMING SOAP
- MYUNGIN FARMSTAY GRAPE STEM CELL TONER
- GEVEMIA TRI&1™ PROFESSIONAL HAIR COLOUR (H819 GRAPE-PURPLE)
- BEAUTY HOST PAPAYA WHITENING PEELING GEL
- HIMALAYA® HERBALS PROTECTING NEEM & TURMERIC SOAP
- LACTO CARROT SOAP WITH LACTOBACILLUS PAFI
- NEW YAKI BABY SOAP BLOSSOMS
- COSMETIC BUFFET REJUVENATING SET KIT 1:
- COSMETIC BUFFET BLEACHING CREAM
- COSMETIC BUFFET REJUVENATING TONER
- COSMETIC BUFFET KOJIC ACID SOAP
- COSMETIC BUFFET DAY CREAM
- JARFUL OF GOODNESS CHOCO SOAP
- JARFUL OF GOODNESS GENTLE CLAY & CHARCOAL SOAP
- JARFUL OF GOODNESS PURE CASTILE ALL-NATURAL SOAP
- BAZ’A GALAXDOR MAKEUP CLEANSING WIPES
- ULTRA COMSOFT WET WIPES (MANGO)
- ULTRA COMSOFT WET WIPES (GREEN APPLE)
- HP HILTON PACKARD 5 IN 1 ACTION WIPES (YELLOW)
- ULTRA SOFT SENSITIVE COMSOFT WITH ALOE VERA BABY WIPES
- DONG BANG® 123 KID’S BABY WIPES
- MB MISS BEAUTY MAKE-UP KIT (MB6464) (1)
- ADS FASHION BLUSHER (A8408) (3)
- LADY BELLE SKIN ENHANCERS BY OSEUR LADY BELLE NIGHT TIME CRÈME
- MERIAM GLUTA CREAM LOTION CHERRY BLOSSOM SCENT
- LP MIRACLE CREAM WITH ARGAN AND VITAMIN SPF 55
- SUNBLOCK CREAM SPF 30
- WELLCHECK™ VALUESCENT™ EXTRA STRENGTH WITH VITAMIN E
FDA post-marketing surveillance (PMS) activities have verified that the abovementioned cosmetic products have not gone through the verification process of the agency and have not been issued the proper authorization in the form of acknowledged cosmetic notifications. Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9711, otherwise known as the “Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009”, the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization from FDA is prohibited.
Accordingly, because unnotified cosmetic products have not gone through the verification process of the FDA, the agency cannot guarantee their quality and safety. The use of such violative products may pose potential health hazards to the consuming public.
Potential hazards may come from ingredients that are not allowed to be part of a cosmetic product or from the contamination of heavy metals such as mercury especially in whitening cosmetic products. The use of substandard and possibly adulterated cosmetic products may result to adverse reactions including but not limited to skin irritation, itchiness, anaphylactic shock and organ failure.
In light of the above, the public is advised not to purchase the aforementioned violative products. Moreover, the public is also advised to be vigilant against cosmetic products that might not be duly notified with FDA. Always check if a cosmetic product has been notified with FDA before purchasing it by making use of the embedded Search feature of the FDA website accessible at www.fda.gov.ph.
All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute the above-identified violative cosmetic products until they have already been covered by the appropriate authorization (cosmetic notification), otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued.
All Local Government Units (LGUs) and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) are requested to ensure that these products are not sold or made available in their localities or areas of jurisdiction.
For more information and inquiries, please e-mail us at [email protected]. To report continuous sale or distribution of the above unnotified cosmetic products, utilize our online reporting facility, eReport, at www.fda.gov.ph/ereport, or e-mail us via [email protected], or call us at the Center for Cosmetics Regulation and Research (CCRR) hotline (02) 857-1900 local 8113 or 8107.
Dissemination of the information to all concerned is requested.