The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advises the public against the purchase and use of the following unnotified cosmetic products whose particulars/details are provided in the attached annex:
- MAC GIAMBATTISTA VALLI PARIS MATTE LIPSTICK – KINDA SEXY
- HUDABEAUTY MATTE LIPSTICK 104 MATERIAL GIRL
- HUDABEAUTY MATTE LIPSTICK CHEERLEADER
- NEUTROGENA® PORE REFINING® EXFOLIATING CLEANSER
- NEUTROGENA® HYDRO BOOST HYDRATING CLEANSING GEL
- NEUTROGENA® TRIPLE MOISTURE® SILK TOUCH LEAVE-IN CREAM WITH UV SHIELD
- DONG BANG® BABY TENDER BABY WIPES (FRESH SCENTED-PINK)
- JOHNSON’S® CLEANSING FACIAL WIPES 3IN1
- AMPAL’S COSMECEUTICAL
- NÀ TING® WHITE CLEANSER
- JERKYS INSTANT HAND SANITIZER
- SAISI PERMANENT HAIR COLORANT WITH ACTIVE VEGETABLE INGREDIENTS (H-20 DIANA GOLDEN)
- AICHUN BEAUTY® SLIMMING AND DETOXIFYING SOAP GREEN TEA ESSENCE
- NICE PONPON BEAUTY PERFUMED SOAP
- AS ASHLEY SHINE 2IN1 MAKEUP BASE + FOUNDATION CREAM 2 (NO. AS804)
- AS ASHLEY SHINE 3IN1 B.B CREAM SUN DAMAGED CONTROL CREAM HIGH PROTECTION SPF 50 (NO. AS9007-1)
- JIGOTT ALOE SUN PROTECT BB CREAM SPF 41 PA+++
- SUNSTAR STRIPE PASTE
- KAO (LABEL IS IN FOREIGN LANGUAGE)
- MARI & U DOT VITA MASK WHITENING TONE UP
- UNI KERATIN MOROCCO ARGAN OIL HAIR REBORN TREATMENT VITAMIN E INTENSIVE REPAIR FOR SMOOTH AND STRAIGHT HAIR
- FRESHMAN MASCULINE WASH TEA TREE OIL
- PINK BLUSH SKIN ESSENTIALS BEAUMAX TONER
- PINK BLUSH SKIN ESSENTIALS ACNE SOAP
- PINK BLUSH SKIN ESSENTIALS KOJIC ACID SOAP
- RED SEAL® BAKING SODA TOTAL MOUTH FRESHNESS
- PINK BLUSH SKIN ESSENTIALS BY AMBER & PINK SUNBLOCK PINK CREAM SPF 30
- EB EVERA MAGIC LIPSTICK WITH VITAMIN E – ORANGE
- AMORE PARFUM INSPIRED PERFUMES
- HANZHIXIU® PERMANENT HAIR COLORANT WITH ACTIVE VEGETABLE INGREDIENTS (A-16 COFFEE)
- HANZHIXIU® PERMANENT HAIR COLORANT WITH ACTIVE VEGETABLE INGREDIENTS (A-21 DARK COFFEE)
- HANZHIXIU® PERMANENT HAIR COLORANT WITH ACTIVE VEGETABLE INGREDIENTS (A-3 BURGUNDY RED)
- EON SKIN CARE EON REFRESH PREMIUM BOTOX GEL
- EDMARK® SPLINA CHLOROPHYLL SOAP
- LUMINE TURMERIC + LEMON SOAP SKIN LIGHTENING AND ANTI-ACNE HERBAL BATH SOAP
- GEVEMIA TRI & 1™ PROFESSIONAL HAIR COLOUR NATURAL & EASY (H817 DIANA GOLDEN)
- GEVEMIA TRI & 1™ PROFESSIONAL HAIR COLOUR NATURAL & EASY (H823 PURPLISH RED)
- GEVEMIA TRI & 1™ PROFESSIONAL HAIR COLOUR NATURAL & EASY (H829 COFFEE PURPLE)
- GELCO HAND SANITIZER WITH VITAMIN E GREEN APPLE
- DERMCARE FRESH FEMININE WASH FRESHLY COOL
- THE FACE SHOP REAL NATURE AVOCADO FACE MASK
- BEAUTY WISE REJUVENATING TONER
- BEAUTY WISE KOJIC ACID SOAP WITH BEARBERRY EXTRACT
- DROPLETS OF NATURE. REJUVENATING LIFT & CORRECT KIT:
- DROPLETS OF NATURE. REJUVENATING LIFT & CORRECT SUNBLOCK CREAM WITH SPF
- DROPLETS OF NATURE. REJUVENATING LIFT & CORRECT KOJIC ACID SOAP
- DROPLETS OF NATURE. REJUVENATING LIFT & CORRECT REJUVENATING TONER
- DROPLETS OF NATURE. REJUVENATING LIFT & CORRECT REJUVENATING CREAM
- LOVIA PROFESSIONAL HENNA HERBAL BASED HAIR COLOUR POWDER NATURAL BLACK
- GARNIER SKIN NATURALS LIGHT COMPLETE WHITE SPEED™ 12 H SHINE – FREE WHITENING SERUM CREAM
- MOIST SKIN CARE NATURAL EXTRACT APPLE REFRESHING MASK SHEET
- MIR & RYVI BANANA SOAP SPOT LIGHTENING BEAUTY BAR
FDA post-marketing surveillance (PMS) activities have verified that the abovementioned cosmetic products have not gone through the verification process of the agency and have not been issued the proper authorization in the form of acknowledged cosmetic notifications. Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9711, otherwise known as the “Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009”, the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization from FDA is prohibited.
Accordingly, because unnotified cosmetic products have not gone through the verification process of the FDA, the agency cannot guarantee their quality and safety. The use of such violative products may pose potential health hazards to the consuming public.
Potential hazards may come from ingredients that are not allowed to be part of a cosmetic product or from the contamination of heavy metals such as mercury especially in whitening cosmetic products. The use of substandard and possibly adulterated cosmetic products may result to adverse reactions including but not limited to skin irritation, itchiness, anaphylactic shock and organ failure.
In light of the above, the public is advised not to purchase the aforementioned violative products. Moreover, the public is also advised to be vigilant against cosmetic products that might not be duly notified with FDA. Always check if a cosmetic product has been notified with FDA before purchasing it by making use of the embedded Search feature of the FDA website accessible at www.fda.gov.ph.
All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute the above-identified violative cosmetic products until they have already been covered by the appropriate authorization (cosmetic notification), otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued.
All Local Government Units (LGUs) and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) are requested to ensure that these products are not sold or made available in their localities or areas of jurisdiction.
For more information and inquiries, please e-mail us at [email protected]. To report continuous sale or distribution of the above unnotified cosmetic products, utilize our online reporting facility, eReport, at www.fda.gov.ph/ereport, or e-mail us via [email protected], or call us at the Center for Cosmetics Regulation and Research (CCRR) hotline (02) 857-1900 local 8113 or 8107.
Dissemination of the information to all concerned is requested.