The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns the public from purchasing and consuming the following unregistered food supplements:
- GAT SPORT NITRAFLEX® Hyperemia & Testosterone Enhancing Powder Fruit Punch Flavor Dietary Supplement (30 servings)
- GAT SPORT NITRAFLEX® Hyperemia & Testosterone Enhancing Powder Peach Iced Tea Flavor Dietary Supplement (30 servings)
- USPLABS® JACK3D® The Ultimate Pre-Workout Training Matrix CNS Stimulant Intense Training Aid Enhanced with BioCRE™ Dietary Supplement
- MUSCLETECH AMINO 4XL SX-7 BLACK ONYX Next Generation 5:1:1 Muscle Building BCAA Formula Fruit Punch Explosion Dietary Supplement (50 servings)
- CELLUCOR CLK Stimulant Free Fat Loss Dietary Supplement (60 softgels)
The FDA verified through post-marketing surveillance that the abovementioned food supplements are not authorized and the Certificates of Product Registration have not been issued. Pursuant to the Republic Act No. 9711, otherwise known as the “Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009”, the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization is prohibited.
Since these unregistered food supplements have not gone through evaluation process of the FDA, the agency cannot assure their quality and safety. The use of such violative products may pose health risks to consumers.
In light of the foregoing, the public is advised not to purchase the aforementioned violative products. Moreover, the public is advised to always check if a food supplement is registered with the FDA. The FDA website (www.fda.gov.ph) has a Search feature which may be used by typing in the name of the product before purchasing.
All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute violative food supplement until they have been issued the appropriate authorization, a License to Operate (LTO) for the establishment, and a CPR for the food supplement.
All FDA Regional Field Offices and Regulatory Enforcement Units, in coordination with law enforcement agencies and Local Government Units, are requested to ensure that violative products are not sold or made available in the market or areas of jurisdiction.
Kindly contact the FDA Center for Food Regulation and Research through e-mail at [email protected], or call (02) 857-1900 loc. 8112 & 8104.
To report any sale or distribution of unregistered food supplement, the online reporting facility, eReport can be accessed at www.fda.gov.ph/ereport.
Dissemination of this advisory to all concerned is hereby requested.
Attachment:-> FDA Advisory No.2019-478