The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns all healthcare professionals and the general public NOT TO PURCHASE AND CONSUME the following unregistered food supplements:
1. SWANSON Fruit & Vegetable Blend, Essential Nutrition, Real Food Nutrition, Dietary Supplement, 60 Veggie Caps
2. SWANSON Resveratrol, Cardiovascular Health, 100mg, Dietary Supplement,30 Capsules
3. SWANSON Uric Acid Cleanse, Kidney Support, A Combination of 7 Herbs, Dietary Supplement,60 Veggie Capsules
4. SWANSON Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Brain and Nervous System Health,120mg, Herbal Supplement, 100 Veggie DRCAPS
5. SWANSON Turmeric & Black Pepper, Cardiovascular and Joint Health, Full Spectrum Herbal Formula, Herbal Supplement,60 Veggie Capsule
The FDA verified through post-marketing surveillance that the abovementioned food supplements are not registered and no corresponding Certificates of Product Registration (CPR) have been issued. Pursuant to the Republic Act No. 9711, otherwise known as the “Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009”, the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization is prohibited.
Since these unregistered food supplements have not gone through evaluation process of the FDA, the agency cannot assure its quality and safety.
All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute, advertise, or sell the said violative food products until CPR are issued, otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued. Always check if a product has been registered with the FDA before purchasing it by making use of the embedded Search feature of the FDA website accessible at www.fda.gov.ph. You may also look for the FDA Registration number on the product label, if available or the name of the product.
All Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) and Local Government Unit (LGUs) are requested to ensure that these products are not sold or made available in the market or areas of jurisdiction.
The Bureau of Customs is urged to restrain the entry of these unregistered imported products.
For more information and inquiries about this advisory, kindly contact the FDA Center for Food Regulation and Research through email [email protected] indicating on the subject the concerned Advisory, or call 8857-1900 local 8105 and 8112.
To report any sale or distribution of unregistered product, the online reporting facility, eReport can be accessed at www.fda.gov.ph/ereport.
Dissemination of this advisory to all concerned is hereby requested.