The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns all healthcare professionals and the general public NOT TO PURCHASE AND CONSUME the following unregistered food products:
1. JIA CAI Su Yang Rou Chuan Preserved Meat on Stick in White and Blue Vacuum Sealed Packaging (In Foreign Language)
2. JIA CAI Lan Hua Chuan Preserved Meat on Stick in White and Orange Vacuum Sealed Packaging (In Foreign Language)
3. HI Food Product with Shrimp, Lotus Root and Vegetables Image in Black and Red Packaging (In Foreign Language)
4. DA LA BANG Stick-Like Food Product with Red, Black and Transparent Packaging (In Foreign Language)
5. 52° Sauce-Like Food Product in Gold Vacuum Sealed Packaging (In Foreign Language
The FDA verified through online monitoring or post-marketing surveillance that the abovementioned food products are not registered and no corresponding Certificates of Product Registration (CPR) have been issued. Pursuant to the Republic Act No. 9711, otherwise known as the “Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009”, the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization is prohibited.
Since these unregistered food products have not gone through evaluation process of the FDA, the agency cannot assure its quality and safety.
All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute, advertise, or sell the said violative food products until CPR are issued, otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued. Always check if a product is registered with the FDA by using the FDA Verification Portal feature accessible at https://verification.fda.gov.ph. You may also look for the FDA Registration number on the product label, if available or simply type the name of the product.
All Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) and Local Government Unit (LGUs) are requested to ensure that these products are not sold or made available in the market or areas of jurisdiction.
The Bureau of Customs is urged to restrain the entry of the unregistered imported products.
For more information and inquiries about this advisory, kindly contact the FDA Center for Food Regulation Office and Research through email [email protected] indicating on the subject, the concerned Advisory, or call (02)8857-1900 local 8105 and 8112.
To report any sale or distribution of unregistered food products, kindly email us at [email protected].
Dissemination of this advisory to all concerned is hereby requested.