For the information of all those concerned, the List of VAT-Exempt Health Products pursuant to Republic Act No. 11534, otherwise known as the “Corporate Recovery and Tax Incentives for Enterprises (CREATE) Act”, can now be accessed through the FDA Verification Portal. This may be found at https://verification.fda.gov.ph under “VAT-Exempt Health Products”.
The uploaded lists include the following medicines and medical devices, following the endorsements made to the Bureau of Internal Revenue through letters dated 9 June 2021, 17 June 2021, and 31 August 2021:
- Medicines for Hypertension
- Medicines for Cancer
- Medicines for Mental Illnesses
- Medicines for Tuberculosis
- Medicines for Kidney Diseases
- Medicines for Diabetes
- Medicines for High Cholesterol
Additionally, the following lists which are maintained by the Department of Health are also uploaded on the FDA Verification Portal:
- Drugs and Vaccines Prescribed and Directly Used for COVID-19 Treatment
- Medical Devices Directly Used for COVID-19 Treatment
For more information and for any enquiries regarding this Advisory, kindly contact the FDA Policy and Planning Service through e-mail at [email protected] while indicating in the subject line the concerned Advisory.
Dissemination of this Advisory to all concerned is kindly requested.