By virtue of the Republic Act No. 8203 otherwise known as the “Special Law on Counterfeit Drugs” issued on the 19th of November 1996, this was established to:
1) protect and promote the right to health of the people and instill health consciousness among them as provided in Section 15 Article 11 of the constitution; and 2) to further declare the policy of the State that in order to safeguard the health of the people, the State shall provide for their protection against counterfeit drugs.
On 15 June 2010, Presidential Proclamation No. 2082 was issued to declare the third week of November of every year as the “National Consciousness Week against Counterfeit Medicines”. As such, it’s directed for the: 1) planning, coordination, and implementation of comprehensive public awareness programs and activities on counterfeit medicines through a collaborative inter-agency and multi-sectoral effort at all levels, and 2) to particularly ensure widespread and expeditious public information about the proliferation and dangers of counterfeit medicines.
In this regard, the FDA through the Center for Drug Regulation and Research shall be spearheading the 2020 NCWACM with the theme, “Sa Gitna ng Pandemya, Magtulungan Laban sa Pekeng Medisina” through a virtual celebration, i.e., webinar. Also, it was decided that to engage the general public, an online poster making contest is recommended.
In line with the abovementioned proposed poster making contest, the technical working group for the observance of the 2020 NCWACM proposes the following:
- The contest is open to all ages.
- The poster must illustrate, interpret, and emphasize the theme of the 2020 NCWACM.
- The poster must be in PNG format, 24 x 36 size, and with 4000 pixels by 6000 pixels.
- All entries must be submitted on 25 to 30 September 2020 only to [email protected] with the subject of e-mail as “2020 NCWACM Poster” and the body of the e-mail containing your full name, complete address, and contact details.
- There shall be a preliminary judging of all the submitted entries by the FDA through dissemination of the google form link through e-mail using the following criteria:
- Relevance to the theme: 30%
- Creativity & Presentation: 30%
- Originality: 30%
- Compliance with Requirements: 10%
- The finalists shall be uploaded to the FDA Facebook for online voting and online voting shall be open on 03 to 18 October 2020 only. A system shall be used for the awarding of points to each entry wherein one (1) point shall be given for every “Like” or thumbs-up and three (3) points for every “Share” of the entry;
- The top six (6) entries shall be awarded with the following prizes:
- Grand Prize (One Entry) = 15,000
- 1st Runner-Up = 12,000
- 2nd Runner-Up = 10,000
- 3rd Runner-Up = 8,000
- 4th Runner Up = 5,000
- 5th Runner Up = 3,000
Furthermore, the top six (6) entries shall become the properties of Food and Drug Administration, which shall be used as Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) materials.
- To launch an online poster making competition to allow the general public to showcase their creativity while participating in our cause amidst the pandemic.
- To allow the posting of the announcement for poster making contest in the FDA website and FDA Facebook.