The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advises the public against the purchase and use of the following unnotified cosmetic products whose particulars/details are provided in the attached annex:
- SIVANNA COLORS® LIPSTICK 12H MAKEUP WATERPROOF
- YOKO SOYBEAN Q10 CREAM
- BB CREAM FAIRY BLINK NATURAL & NUDE MAKEUP 01: IVORY
- MEILINDA KISS KISS LIQUID LIPSTICK LOVE ME TENDER (05)
- HASK® MACADAMIA OIL MOISTURIZING DEEP CONDITIONER
- BIHAKU WONDER SOAP
- MILEA BATH & BODY NATURALLY FOR YOU® NATURAL DEODORANT BLUE
- LA BELLE NAIL POLISH FRENCH LAVANDER
- OPTIMA™ COLLAGEN CREAM
- OPTIMA™ GLUTATHIONE + SOYA SOAP
- GLUTAMAX® PEARL WHITENING MOISTURIZING CREAM
- TEEN’S INTIMATE COLOR FRAGRANCE POWDER (GREEN AVILON)
- TEEN’S INTIMATE COLOR FRAGRANCE POWDER (MILK FRESH)
- TEEN’S INTIMATE COLOR FRAGRANCE POWDER (SIMPLY PINK)
- UZANA REFRESHING FACIAL WIPES (SANDAL)
- UZANA REFRESHING FACIAL WIPES (JASMINE)
- UZANA REFRESHING FACIAL WIPES (ROSE)
- NEVADA NATURAL PRODUCTS NNP ROSES PRE-MOISTENED TISSUES
- RXS SKIN RENEWAL TONER #2
- RXS SKIN RENEWAL CREAM 2
- RXS BLACK CHARCOAL SOAP
- PERFECT PURITY® SKIN BLEMISH BODY WASH WITH SALICYCLIC ACID
- XTRACARE SIGNATURE® BB BODY LOTION MULTI-ACTION BEAUTIFYING SKIN CARE LIGHT TO MEDIUM SKIN TONES
- PERSONAL CARE® MOISTURIZING VITAMIN E SKIN CREAM
- GOREE® WHITENING BODY LOTION VITAMIN E WITH LYCOPENE AVOCADO & ALOEVERA
FDA post-marketing surveillance (PMS) activities have verified that the abovementioned cosmetic products have not gone through the verification process of the agency and have not been issued the proper authorization in the form of acknowledged cosmetic notifications. Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9711, otherwise known as the “Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009”, the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization from FDA is prohibited
Accordingly, because unnotified cosmetic products have not gone through the verification process of the FDA, the agency cannot guarantee their quality and safety. The use of such violative products may pose potential health hazards to the consuming public.
Potential hazards may come from ingredients that are not allowed to be part of a cosmetic product or from the contamination of heavy metals such as mercury especially in whitening cosmetic products. The use of substandard and possibly adulterated cosmetic products may result to adverse reactions including but not limited to skin irritation, itchiness, anaphylactic shock and organ failure.
In light of the above, the public is advised not to purchase the aforementioned violative products. Moreover, the public is also advised to be vigilant against cosmetic products that might not be duly notified with FDA. Always check if a cosmetic product has been notified with FDA before purchasing it by making use of the embedded Search feature of the FDA website accessible at www.fda.gov.ph.
All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute the above-identified violative cosmetic products until they have already been covered by the appropriate authorization (cosmetic notification), otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued.
All Local Government Units (LGUs) and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) are requested to ensure that these products are not sold or made available in their localities or areas of jurisdiction.
For more information and inquiries, please e-mail us at [email protected]. To report continuous sale or distribution of the above unnotified cosmetic products, utilize our online reporting facility, eReport, at www.fda.gov.ph/ereport, or e-mail us via [email protected], or call us at the Center for Cosmetics Regulation and Research (CCRR) hotline (02) 857-1900 local 8113 or 8107.
Dissemination of the information to all concerned is requested