The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advises the public against the purchase and use of the following unnotified cosmetic products whose particulars/details are provided in the attached annex:
- LEIANIA HOUSE OF BEAUTY CUCUMBER MELON + ALOE LOOFAH SOAP
- SKINMATE BODY WHITE WHITENING LOTION SPF 20
- AEKYUNG 2080 KIDS TOOTHPASTE STRAWBERRY
- MOISTURE CUCUMBER SOAP (LABEL IS IN FOREIGN LANGUAGE)
- LOVELY LADY BABY OIL
- ROSE CUTICLE REMOVER
- KING’S GARDEN BOOS HUGGO BOOS
- KING’S GARDEN HUGGO HUGGO BOOS
- KING’S GARDEN POLOE BLACK
- KING’S GARDEN TOMMI GIRL
- KING’S GARDEN DULCE & GABANA LIGHT BLUE
- KING’S GARDEN FERARI EXTREME
- KING’S GARDEN DAVIDOF KOHL WATER
- KING’S GARDEN ETERNALLY AQUA CALVIN KLINNE
- KING’S GARDEN ESKADA MOON SPARKLE FOR MEN
- TRUMAY® HANZHIXIU® PERMANENT HAIR COLORANT WITH ACTIVE VEGETABLE INGREDIENTS (T-10 PURPLE RED)
- HANZHIXIU® KERATIN PAPAYA ESSENCE COLOR PROTECTING HAIR MASK
- BREMOD® PERFORMANCE SPA HAIR COLOR (DARK ASH BLOND)
- LIGHTNESS SERIES HAIR COLORANT (BURGUNDY LI-1072)
- YASH TEMPORARY HAIR COLOR
- YOUNG’S HAIR SPRAY NET EXTRA SUPER HOLD
- QUAEVITA KOJIC ROSEHIP OIL NATURAL WHITENING SOAP WITH LICORICE EXTRACT AND ROSEHIP OIL
- KERATIN HAIR RECONSTRUCTOR HAIR DIRECTOR HIGH PERFORMANCE
- BDO HERBOSIDO™ HERBAL SHAMPOO 100% NATURAL
- SARAH LAUREN & LUDY AL’NAIMI SKIN WHITENING LOTION
- QICHUN BLUE MAGNUN MASCARA
- USHAS® MATTE EYESHADOW 6 COLORS PALETTE (ES2750-4)
- RDL BABYFACE ASTRINGENT WITH MELAWHITE®
- ILAHUI SMOOTH & MOISTURE BODY LOTION
- ILAHUI CHAMOMILE PETAL SHOWER GEL
- SAEMMUL WATER CANDY TINT CHERRY
- LIP TINT EASTERN COFFEE 01
- ASHLEY SHINE MINERAL POWDER CHEEK BLUSHER AS8004
- PINKIES COLLECTIONS BLUSHER
- YVES ROCHER SHAMPOOING STIMULANT ANTI-HAIRLOSS
- ORANGE BLOSSOM·LAVENDER·PETITGRAIN BODY BALM
- UNI-LOVE BABY WIPES UNSCENTED
- BREMOD® COLLAGEN CARE JASMINE ESSENCE COLOR CARE AND INTENSE CURL HAIR MASK
- DEVE SUMI SKIN CARE FACE WASH WITH NATURAL FRAGRANCE
- UTENA SIMPLE BALANCE HYALURONIC ACID LOTION UV SPF 5
- WEN® YUAN HAIR COLOR 6.86 RED BROWN
- HUDABEAUTY (VARIANTS: 03, 09, 10, 11)
- MORPHE MATTE LIPSTICK (05) VIOLET
- NEW XXL PENCIL SOFE LIP & EYELINER PENCIL (NO. 43 01)
- SASIMI® 3D
- ME NOW GENERATION II TRUE LIPS LIP LINER PENCIL (050)
- L’OREAL PARIS DERMO-EXPERTISE RE·NOURISH CLEANSING WIPES (PEACH & BLUE)
- PNF PEIYEN® WATER CANDY TINT (VARIANTS: CHERRY, SOFT PERSIMMON, RED MANGO)
FDA post-marketing surveillance (PMS) activities have verified that the abovementioned cosmetic products have not gone through the verification process of the agency and have not been issued the proper authorization in the form of acknowledged cosmetic notifications. Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9711, otherwise known as the “Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009”, the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization from FDA is prohibited.
Accordingly, because unnotified cosmetic products have not gone through the verification process of the FDA, the agency cannot guarantee their quality and safety. The use of such violative products may pose potential health hazards to the consuming public.
Potential hazards may come from ingredients that are not allowed to be part of a cosmetic product or from the contamination of heavy metals such as mercury especially in whitening cosmetic products. The use of substandard and possibly adulterated cosmetic products may result to adverse reactions including but not limited to skin irritation, itchiness, anaphylactic shock and organ failure.
In light of the above, the public is advised not to purchase the aforementioned violative products. Moreover, the public is also advised to be vigilant against cosmetic products that might not be duly notified with FDA. Always check if a cosmetic product has been notified with FDA before purchasing it by making use of the embedded Search feature of the FDA website accessible at www.fda.gov.ph.
All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute the above-identified violative cosmetic products until they have already been covered by the appropriate authorization (cosmetic notification), otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued.
All Local Government Units (LGUs) and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) are requested to ensure that these products are not sold or made available in their localities or areas of jurisdiction.
For more information and inquiries, please e-mail us at [email protected]. To report continuous sale or distribution of the above unnotified cosmetic products, utilize our online reporting facility, eReport, at www.fda.gov.ph/ereport, or e-mail us via [email protected], or call us at the Center for Cosmetics Regulation and Research (CCRR) hotline (02) 857-1900 local 8113 or 8107.
Dissemination of the information to all concerned is requested.