The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns all healthcare professionals and the general public NOT TO PURCHASE AND CONSUME the following unregistered food products:
1. GU DAO XIAN ENERGY 9+9 STICKS SEAWEED ROLL (LABELS ARE IN FOREIGN CHARACTERS)
2. NOODLE LIKE PRODUCT IN CLEAR PLASTIC WITH WHITE AND ORANGE LABEL (LABELS ARE IN FOREIGN CHARACTERS)
3. NOODLE LIKE PRODUCT IN CLEAR PLASTIC WITH WHITE AND PINK LABEL (LABELS ARE IN FOREIGN CHARACTERS)
4. CHANG SHOU GUMIAN (NOODLE LIKE IN RED LABEL) (LABELS ARE IN FOREIGN CHARACTERS)
5. NOODLE LIKE PRODUCT IN CLEAR PLASTIC WITH WHITE AND RED LABEL (LABELS ARE IN FOREIGN CHARACTERS)
The FDA verified through online monitoring or post-marketing surveillance that the abovementioned food products are not registered and no corresponding Certificates of Product Registration (CPR) have been issued. Pursuant to the Republic Act No. 9711, otherwise known as the “Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009”, the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization is prohibited.
Since these unregistered food products have not gone through evaluation process of the FDA, the agency cannot assure its quality and safety.
All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute, advertise, or sell the said violative food products until CPR are issued, otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued. Always check if a product is registered with the FDA by using the FDA Verification Portal feature accessible at https://verification.fda.gov.ph. You may also look for the FDA Registration number on the product label, if available or simply type the name of the product.
All Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) and Local Government Unit (LGUs) are requested to ensure that these products are not sold or made available in the market or areas of jurisdiction.
The Bureau of Customs is urged to restrain the entry of the unregistered imported products.
For more information and inquiries about this advisory, kindly contact the FDA Center for Food Regulation Office and Research through email [email protected] indicating on the subject, the concerned Advisory, or call (02)8857-1900 local 8105 and 8112.