The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns all healthcare professionals and the general public NOT TO PURCHASE AND CONSUME the following unregistered food product and food supplements:
1. BIG MUSCLES NUTRITION Premium Gold Whey-Belgian Chocolate
2. GLOW PERFECT COTTON CANDY Premium Reduced L-Glutathione & 80,000mg Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen Dietary Supplement
3. GLOW PERFECT PRIMO AFFOGATO Reduced L-Glutathione, Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen, L-Carnitine, Garcinia Cambogia Dietary Supplement
4. GLOW PERFECT POMELO BLANCH 25,000mg Reduced L-Glutathione, 500mg Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen (L-Carnitine, Collagen & Vitamin C) Dietary Supplement
5. GLOW PERFECT NIOU PILL Reduced L-Glutathione, Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen, Giga White, Oral Sunblock Dietary Supplement
The FDA verified through online monitoring or post-marketing surveillance that the abovementioned food product and food supplements are not registered and no corresponding Certificates of Product Registration (CPR) have been issued. Pursuant to the Republic Act No. 9711, otherwise known as the “Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009”, the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization is prohibited.
Since these unregistered food product and food supplements have not gone through evaluation process of the FDA, the agency cannot assure its quality and safety.
All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute, advertise, or sell the said violative food products until CPR are issued, otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued. Always check if a product is registered with the FDA by using the FDA Verification Portal feature accessible at https://verification.fda.gov.ph. You may also look for the FDA Registration number on the product label, if available or simply type the name of the product.
All Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) and Local Government Unit (LGUs) are requested to ensure that these products are not sold or made available in the market or areas of jurisdiction.
The Bureau of Customs is urged to restrain the entry of the unregistered imported products.
For more information and inquiries about this advisory, kindly contact the FDA Center for Food Regulation Office and Research through email [email protected] indicating on the subject, the concerned Advisory, or call (02)8857-1900 local 8105 and 8112.
To report any sale or distribution of unregistered food product and food supplements, kindly email us at [email protected].
Dissemination of this advisory to all concerned is hereby requested.